Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hello World!

My name is Jeff and this is my first blog, so welcome! I am excited to be in the TCPCG program and I am here to become high school biology teacher. That said, my background is of course biology and I graduated from Siena College in 2005 with my Bachelors of Science degree. My goal for this program is to become the best teacher I can be and to learn the tools of the trade. I do not have any professional teaching experience at this time, but I have done some one on one tutoring on the side.

Hmm...some other info about me. After college I have held a variety of jobs in different locales. My first was in Albany, NY doing an internship through the Student Conservation Association (SCA) with The Nature Conservancy. From there I worked at Eastern Mountain Sports for a bit before going off with the SCA again to work in North Carolina doing forest surveys for the Bureau of Indian Affairs. While there, I also received my certification to be a wildland firefighter and worked on the Rattlesnake Fire in Idaho. The following 4 years were spent working back at Eastern Mountain Sports on the management team.

Some of my interests include hiking, camping, and kayaking. I am always looking for new places to travel to and explore. I also like woodworking and have created and built my own computer desk in my dad's workshop.

I am looking forward to this coming year and starting a new chapter in my life!

2 comments:

  1. Jeff,
    How did you like Siena College? I graduate from Siena with my B.S. in Computer Science and absolutely loved it there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man, thanks for all of your help with the mac stuff etc. Friday was fun :)

    ReplyDelete