Thursday, July 1, 2010

The World Premier of my New Wiki Page!

Today I am unveiling my new wiki! I think it is pretty exciting and I hope to utilize it in my future classroom. I can definitely see myself tinkering with it and tweaking it as time goes on. Check it out, let me know what you think, and I hope you enjoy it!
My wiki: BioClassroomWiki

• Do you plan on using your classroom blog/wiki in your future classroom? If so, what types of modifications do you envision? Please explain.

I can see myself using this wiki in my future classroom alongside the website I created. I see the wiki as a place where I can upload files that I use in the classroom, such as handouts, presentations, or videos watched in class. I see the wiki being helpful for both parents and students because they will be able to access all the material that is used in class to either review for a test or to get the work that they might have missed if they were absent from class. As of now, the only modifications will be to update information such as my email as it changes and to add classroom material as I create or come across it in my teaching career. I’m sure I’ll find other things to change and edit as I use it.

• Do you plan on having your students create their own blogs/wikis in your future classroom? If so, please explain.

I’m not sure if I will have students create a blog or wiki. At this point, probably not and I will just have them post their work that they complete on the wiki under the student center section. This could change however and I may find a good use for either or both in the future. It is something that I will keep in mind as I teach and create my curriculum.

• Discussion of how your view of instructional technology has or has not changed over the semester

I always saw incorporating technology as essential to classroom teaching. However, before this class I did not have much experience with creating blogs, wikis, or websites. In that sense my view has been widened to think of these things in my future lesson planning.

• Discuss the quality and appropriateness of what you have learned and created this semester.

I think that this class gave me a lot of great tools to use in my future classroom. I’m not sure if I will incorporate all that I have learned and played with, such as making a movie, but I think it is good that I know about all of it. I now have a better idea of the different forms of media that are out there for reaching my students in a variety of ways. It also gives me a better sense of what I might be asking students when if I assign them to create a movie, podcast, or blog.

• Evaluation of your comfort moving forward with technology

I think I will be fairly comfortable with the technology that we have learned. I have always enjoyed learning about new pieces of technology and software and I hope to keep up to date with it all. If nothing else, this class has given me a good foundation to work from to figure out how to use other educational technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment